INDERMIA QUIZ 8 (MAXIMUM OF 50 POINTS; NO NEGATIVE MARKING, SO EDUCATED GUESSES DESIRABLE)
THE NOTUM ROUND (1 POINT EACH)
1. Which chemokine/interleukin is most responsible for influx of neutrophils into an inflamed cutaneous microenvironment?
2. Which anti Transforming Growth Factor β monoclonal antibody is presently in early phase trials for systemic sclerosis in which TGF β has a prominent role?
3. A numerical question. In nail bed melanocyte unit, what is the ratio of melanocytes to onychocytes ?
4. How do we know Ekbom’s syndrome better as?
5. The eye complaints in this disease include cornea verticillata, spoke like lens deposits, conjunctival and retinal tortuosity, oculomotor abnormalities. Name the disease.
THE STOIC ROUND (2 POINTS EACH)
6. Edward Calvin Kendall made four compounds A,B,E and F. Lewis Sarett of Merck devised a method to manufacture Compound E. Philip Showalter Hench at Mayo clinic used Compound E in a case of rheumatoid arthritis On 21 September 1948. How do we know Compound E better as?
7. Name this entity seen on neck
8. The Hexsel Classification is used to grade an aesthetic entity. What?
9. The gamma-secretase complex is a key regulator of the canonical Notch signalling pathway. Notably, intramembrane cleavage of Notch by gamma-secretase releases its major intracellular signalling domain. Which disease involves (recently controversy exists) this pathway and PSENEN mutations involving this pathway?
10. Which drug hypersensitivity has the highest proven HLA association? (A positive HLA allele has highest positive predictive value for this drug hypersensitivity)
THE EXOTERIC ROUND (3 points each)
11. K-VSCOR measures which facet in vitiligo?
12. Connect the two images
13.What is this device used for?
14. This cultural practice gives rise to these artefactual lesions. Name the practice.
15. Dr Leslie Webster used inbred Swiss imported mice maintained at Rockefeller Institute to determine something which was later of aesthetics relevance. What did he determine using these animals?
THE ESOTERIC ROUND (5 points each x 4)
16. They are variously described as ‘large intraepidermal globules with scalloped Peripheries’ and ‘long cylindrical amorphous formations’. The term was derived from this personality depicted below.
17. X helped in the succession of Nero after his step brother Tiberius Britannicus, as Emperor of Rome. Fowler made a solution with X which was used as a tonic to treat leprosy, prurigo, and pemphigus. But Alphonse Devergie and Jonathan Hutchinson spotted these (see pic below). Name X.
18.Connect the entity seen in this case on abdomen (with histopathology image attached) to a cutaneous vasculitis.
19. Connect the 2 clinical images with the tourist capital of Nigeria (see pic below)