Find a Doctor
Image Skin Care
For Dry Skin
For Oily Skin
For Hair Care
For Sun Protection
(MAXIMUM OF 50 POINTS; NO NEGATIVE MARKING, SO EDUCATED GUESSES DESIRABLE)
THE FREE PAPER ROUND
(1 POINT EACH)
1. A dermatosurgical question to begin with :What is the optimal angle for the apices of an elliptical excision?
2. A question reminiscent of viva voce . A 45 year old septic female develops symmetric, large ecchymotic areas with irregular borders on the extremities, ears, and nose. Laboratory testing reveals the patient has disseminated intravascular coagulation. Name the most likely causative agent.
3. Which salt of erythromycin is unsafe for use in pregnancy?
4. Which common use home product should a patient be careful with when you prescribe paraben rich products, sulfonamides, thiazide diuretics and benzocaine as local anesthesia?
5. Which HLA type is associated with this entity?
THE AWARD PAPER ROUND (2 POINTS EACH)
6. Which is a peripherally acting KOR agonist used experimentally in treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and is currently under trial for itch in atopic dermatitis?
7.Which mimic of Churg Strauss Syndrome (aka. eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangitis) has an ‘L’ variant and an ‘M’ variant with ‘M’ variant being responsive to Imatinib?
8.This entity is most frequently associated with squamous cell carcinoma, such as SCCs of the pharynx, esophagus and larynx. But other underlying malignancies, such as adenocarcinoma of the Colon or gastric adenocarcinomas, frequently co-exist. Name the entity.
9.When can a patient who undergoes follicular-unit hair transplantation expect hair growth of the grafted follicles to begin?
10. Thermage is a non-ablative radiofrequency-based system which uses volumetric heating to induce tightening of the skin and dermal remodeling. Which adverse event is a dreaded side effect of Thermage?*
THE INVITED PAPER ROUND (3 points each)
11. High doses of this drug >10 mg per day exerts its action by inhibiting factors with short half-life like protein C and Factor VII, thereby eventuating into the clinical picture in mostly obese women of the 6th-7th decade of life, especially on the fatty areas?
12. Which tattoo pigment is most commonly associated with allergic reactions, eczematous and granulomatous?*
13. Name this fungus (Picture 1) whose morphological appearance is often compared with item in Picture 2*
14. Which outcome of a poor choice of leisure (See pic below) has of late been labelled as C5b-9 complement-mediated microangiopathy and apoptotic disease?*
15. This important protein was defined by a monoclonal antibody which was generated by immunizing mice with nuclei of the Hodgkin lymphoma cell line L428. The name is derived from the city of origin (Picture) and the number of the original clone in the 96-well plate. Name this indispensable marker
THE KEYNOTE ADDRESS (5 points each x 4)
16. This entity is characterised by a dermoscopy picture (Pic 1). Being a generous quizmaster, I offer you a clue (Pic 2). Name the disease.*
17. These birefringent plaques at retinal vessel bifurcations(See pic 1 arrow) are characteristic of a disease entity characterised by this histopathology feature (See pic2). Name the eye entity and the disease. (No ½ points)*
18. This is what this person (Picture 1) usually does to faces (Pic 2). Name him
19. Connect the personalities in the pictures. Picture 1 (musician who created "Bridge Over Troubled Water") Picture 2 : Grammy winning musician Le Ann Rimes Picture 3: Phil Mickelson, Golf major winner
Enter the code in the box below:
Apply For Job
Fill up this form and our HR department will contact you soon.
Upload Your CV